Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?")

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Rob Butler" <robert(dot)butler5(at)verizon(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Many comments (related to "Are we losing momentum?")
Date: 2003-04-16 15:51:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We don't own that site, and we never did. We did manage to inherit the
projects database through it's key programmer and his goodwill.

> The firebird, sapdb and mysql sites are
> killing postgres here. The postgres homepage and related
> links is the first thing someone new to postgres sees! There
> shouldn't be news on any of the main pages from back in 2001.

There isn't. The oldest news is from January 2003.

Wrt your comments on the style of some of the pages linked off the main
site (the archives spring to mind), if there are any volunteers to help
fix that, please raise your hands because my time is limited and I could
do with some committed help on that sort of thing.

Regards, Dave.