Re: what's the problem/which version of pgAdmin to use?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Sutto Zoltan" <sutto(dot)zoltan(at)rutinsoft(dot)hu>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: what's the problem/which version of pgAdmin to use?
Date: 2003-02-13 10:33:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

PostgreSQL 6.5.3 is *very* old, and I would not recommend using it.

> I have downloaded pgAdmin and pgAmind2 with MDAC2.7, JetSP3E.
> I created a DSN from my database which I can able to access
> successfully using Delphi, BDE Administrator and from
> Connection Debbuging Tools menu in pgAdmin2.

The system catalogues in 6.5.3 are not compatible with pgAdmin II. Some
very old versions of pgAdmin I should work, but again, I do not
recommend it.

> But I'm can not able to connect to the database using any
> version of pgAdmin for administration purposes. There is no
> newer version of PostgreSql for Red Hat 6.2 distrib.

I would suggest you download the source code to PostgreSQL 7.3.2 from
www.postgresql.org (click on the Download link) and manually compile it.
There are instructions in the tarball and it is very easy to do. You are
likely to have far more difficulty running the older software.

Regards, Dave.