Re: help

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Mattia Benzi" <mattia(at)art-soft(dot)it>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help
Date: 2003-01-26 20:14:04
Lists: pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Mattia Benzi [mailto:mattia(at)art-soft(dot)it]
Sent: 26 January 2003 14:24
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] help

Hi,
sorry for my bad english i am italian.
My question is :
Why when i try to convert a database from Access97 in PostgreSQL
with Database Migration Wizard
my tables have the quotes !!!.
For example, in Access my table is Customer, after the migration
in PostgreSQL are "Customer"(???)

the SQL : SELECT * FROM Customer generate an error :
impossible to find ... ecc ecc
i must to write SELECT * FROM "Customer"

Hi,

This is normal. Unquoted names are folded to lowercase in PostgreSQL.
The Migration Wizard in pgAdmin has an option on the first page to
convert names for you.

Help me and very thank you for your friendly application PgAdmin

You're welcome.

Regards, Dave.