how to sort an array and remove duplicate in plpgsql

From: "David Gagnon" <david(dot)gagnon(at)cesart(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: how to sort an array and remove duplicate in plpgsql
Date: 2007-02-26 14:15:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'm messing up with this problem for a while and I searched the web
without success. I have an array of timestamp and I needed sorted and I
need to remove duplicate value. The Select statement offers the SORT BY and
UNIQUE that may help me but so far I didn't find the way to plug my array
variable into the select and get back the sorted array in return.

Any help or clue will be really appreciated!

Regards

David