Pl/Perl speed

From: "Chris Ochs" <chris(at)paymentonline(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pl/Perl speed
Date: 2004-01-13 18:16:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I am pretty sure I know this already, but every time you run a Pl/Perl
function it is just like running a perl script as far as having to load and
compile the code right? My application runs under mod perl so I'm thinking
that speed is not something I would gain by putting any of the code into the
database server via Pl/Perl.

Chris