Table Relationships

From: Curtis Scheer <Curtis(at)DAYCOS(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Table Relationships
Date: 2006-10-31 17:15:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Given the following two tables:

CREATE TABLE public.task

(

taskid int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('task_taskid_seq'::regclass),

description varchar,

CONSTRAINT pk_taskid PRIMARY KEY (taskid)

)

public.users

(

userid int4 NOT NULL,

username varchar,

CONSTRAINT pk_userid PRIMARY KEY (userid)

)

I want to record which user "performed the task" and which user "checked the
task", I've come up with a few ideas on this but I would like to know what
the correct way would be to implement this into my table design.

Thanks,

Curtis