Re: JDBC error codes to detect duplicates?

From: "David Wall" <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDBC error codes to detect duplicates?
Date: 2001-03-01 19:06:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> Is there a plan for the JDBC to return the codes for postgres back to
the program? I running 7.1beta4 now.

>> AFAIK clean implementation of such feature is not possible because
backend
>> protocol does not have error codes (only error messages)

Too bad. Is the definitive list of error messages documented? (Probably
yes, but where?) Perhaps we could write an ugly implementation that would
parse the error message and return meaningful errors codes so that all users
don't suffer the same problem.

Thoughts?

David