Re: Re: [HACKERS] My new job

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [HACKERS] My new job
Date: 2000-10-10 20:25:00
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

I wasn't judging. I was mentioning to others what the concerns probably
were. Also, it isn't a concern of "Company B" taking over. It is of the
possibility of development put in the direction that best benefits of
Company B as opposed to the project itself. And again, yes, the other core
members can tell them to "blow it out their arse" but then you have a
situation of them either going on their own and doing a "splinter" or just
quitting in general and the direction is then even more put in the direction
of Company B.

It is merely a conflict of interest issue. Same issue in law as having
attorney's from the same firm on the side of defendant and plaintiff. If
the plaintiff is a multi-million dollar client and the defendant is
pro-bono... there is concern about bias.

Congratulations is in order for Mr. Momjian. I'm not saying he should or
shouldn't work for them. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company