Re: Entering '<1' and 'BDL'

From: Tom Keller <kellert(at)ohsu(dot)edu>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Entering '<1' and 'BDL'
Date: 2010-04-20 19:49:50
Lists: pdxpug
Why distinguish "below detection limit" at the data level? I would use the value measured and enforce the ramification of the detection limit in subsequent analysis. Then use NULL for missing values only.
 ... or isn't that feasible?

Tom
kellert(at)ohsu(dot)edu<mailto:kellert(at)ohsu(dot)edu>
503-494-2442