Re: XML

From: "Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: "longjohn" <longjohn(at)katamail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: XML
Date: 2002-03-20 14:20:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If it's a servlet calling the database in your example, the below can
be accomplished through the use of procedures which create the XML in
question and return it.

Ie. select xmlGetUser(userid);

You have to write xmlGetUser() to take in the userid and return the
xml required for it. I see no advantage to generating the xml in the
db rather than in the servlet.

Soap or XML-RPC on the other hand could be a useful tool for the
database to understand directly -- but thats certainly not going to be
fast.
--
Rod Taylor

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head