memory allocation

From: "Vilson farias" <vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: memory allocation
Date: 2001-02-28 19:57:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I'm using Delphi to acess my postgres 7.0.2 database for report
generation. Sometimes I need to execute very large queries and often I wait
until 1min waiting for a answer. It's not a time critial application, there
are no problem about this so long waiting.

The problem happens when people dont want to wait and kill the application
using Ctrl Alt Del. Postgres process is not terminated and will be there
forever, allocating precious memory. How can I deal with this? Does 7.0.3
fix it?

And where can I find a list of improvements and fixes from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3?

Best regards from Brazil,

José Vilson de Mello de Farias
Dígitro Tecnologia Ltda.