Some remarks to pgadmin III

From: "claus" <ch(at)greenmail(dot)ch>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Some remarks to pgadmin III
Date: 2003-08-14 14:59:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello again List,

I just tried pgadmin III for the first time, a great piece
of work.

I just have some very minor remarks that could be useful
while beta testing is still in progress.

I post them on this list since I could not find a bug tracker.
Most of my remarks may be due to the fact that I do not know
your cross-plattform development constraints and implementation
choices. Personaly I used it on M$ XP for the moment.
Please forgive me if the remarks sound stupid.
Also I used pgadmin III only for a very short time.

(in no particular order)
o Quick drill down in treeview is painfull:.
When drilling down the "+" indicating that there are other elements below
does not appear at once. The node must be selected first (like pgadmin II < 1.6)
If double-click the node the properties show up (not like pgadmin II 1.6)
I suggest either to display a "+" per default even if it is not certain that other
elements exist. The plus may disappear when trying to open with no nodes below.
Or allow double-click to drill down quickly and use right click for properties.
o Context-Menu key (the one between the right windows key and the control key)
does not work.
o Empty icon when changing task using Alt-Tab
o Help menu - Bugreport - no http link works (do you use the proxy settings?)
o Right click works only on tree view not in the properties frame(feature ?)
o Dropped servers reappear when changing "display system objects" due to
the disconnect/tree refresh
o Crtl-A (select all) does not work in most of the text boxes
e.g. analyse/vacuum message window
Databse properties comment
o Query tool shows up with objects creation SQL. Ok this is a feature
but could it be an optional one :-)

Regards,
Claus