Inherits Triggers or Rules

From: "Jerome Chochon" <jerome(dot)chochon(at)ensma(dot)fr>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Inherits Triggers or Rules
Date: 2002-08-27 13:23:06
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hi everyone.

I try to make inherited trigger for table on PostgreSQL.

I want that when I create a table which inherits from another that trigger
are inherited. I try to make a rule on INSERT on the Pg_inherits but my
function isnt fired.

Can I create trigger or rules on tables from the system catalogs ?
Is there a command to fire a function when data are entry in System Catalogs
tables ?

I Hope you can help me.

Thanks .

Jérôme Chochon