Re: [GENERAL] Stored Procedures

From: "Moray McConnachie" <moray(dot)mcconnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>, "Jeff MacDonald" <jeff(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Stored Procedures
Date: 1999-11-05 15:31:06
Lists: pgsql-general

----- Original Message -----
From: Brett W. McCoy <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>
To: Jeff MacDonald <jeff(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 1999 3:52 PM

> On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
>
> > 1: does postgres support stored procedures
>
> Yes, quite extensively, and far beyond what SQL 7 offers. You may
want
> to take a look at the programmer's manual for the documentation.

I thought we had rather a long debate recently about whether and if
Postgres did/should support stored procedures, and the point was that
it doesn't at the moment?

PL/PgSQL functions are not at all the same thing, although they are
obviously very useful.
Yours,
Moray

Moray(dot)McConnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk