Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

From: "Igor Georgiev" <gory(at)alphasoft-bg(dot)com>
To: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Date: 2003-02-03 11:29:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Curt Sampson" <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>; "Curtis Faith"
<curtis(at)galtcapital(dot)com>; <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: [HACKERS] Windows Build System
> + It would be greatly helpful to have some way for the install program
> to automatically add the "Log in as a service" Win32 priviledge to the
> "postgres" user without having to instruct the user to do so. We can
> create the user automatically through a shell command, but no idea how
> to add that permission. If someone could do some Win32 API stuff to do
> it behind the scenes without a shell command even, that would be great.
>
> + The WinMaster project is a first go at creating a Win32 GUI command
> console for controlling the PostgreSQL service. It's still a bit too
> basic for real use though:
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/winmaster/projdisplay.php>
> Further suggestions, volunteers, etc are totally welcome.
> :-)
> Regards and best wishes,
> Justin Clift

It's still a bit too basic for real use though:
Yeah i know. I write this for my internal use.
Initial purpose of this stuff is only to avoid teaching of an old lady with
minimum computer skills to use bash and hide this ugly dos box :)
Mark L. Woodward (mlw) anounce few monts ago a self installing PostgreSQL
for Windows so
i write him about this console. He do a lof job to.
Special thanks Mark.

OK, now how to make WinMaster more usefull ?
It's open source so if any1 want use it he/she may help to
develop it.

I. Install as a service feature for winmaster are included in my plans
for future.
II. I'm thinking about direct link to PostgreSQL server instead usung
CreateProcess,
but this is unclear idea at present time. Any suggestions will be
welcome.
III Please add any feature rquests to
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/winmaster/bugs/buglist.php?fr=yes
and ideas to mailto:winmaster-general(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org

Justin you are right !!!
Further suggestions, volunteers, etc are totally welcome!!!
Further suggestions, volunteers, etc are totally welcome!!!
Further suggestions, volunteers, etc are totally welcome!!!

---