Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation

From: Kyle Kingsbury <aphyr(at)jepsen(dot)io>
Subject: Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation
Date: 2020-06-05 17:00:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

After staring at a few hundred of these anomalies, I'm more confident: this
problem seems to involve a transaction which fails to observe a logically prior
transaction's *insert*. So far we never see a cycle involving all updates rw
deps--there's always 2+ rw deps, and at least one involves the initial state.
Maybe this helps narrow down the search!

--Kyle