En: Problems accessing postgreSQL 6.3 on a win95 machine with ODBC 6.40.0003

From: "edilson" <edilson(at)hrcnet(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: En: Problems accessing postgreSQL 6.3 on a win95 machine with ODBC 6.40.0003
Date: 1999-01-30 12:39:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all!

I am from Brazil, so sorry about my bad english :-)

My Problem: I installed PostgreSQL on a RedHat Linux (Brazilian version called MARUMBI, BY www.connectiva.com.br ), and PostODBC from Insight, version 6.40.0003 in a Windows 95 machine.
When I try to access the database from the win95 machine, it returns the following message:

- ODBC Failed ! - Connection is readonly.

What is strange is that I can change the structure of the tables, adding fields for example, but it don't let me change the data of the tables.

Is there any place that I have to configure, or anything else that I have to do??

I whil be very happy if somebody could helps me.

Thank everybody.

Edilson Carlos Belluomini
edilson(at)hrcnet(dot)com(dot)br