[INTERFACES] ODBC, Delphi and BLOBs (images)

From: "ANGG" <angg(at)vng(dot)ru>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: [INTERFACES] ODBC, Delphi and BLOBs (images)
Date: 1998-08-19 02:39:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Andrzej Szydlo wrote:

>I'm trying to access PostgreSQL database from Delphi via ODBC.

I'm trying to do so from C++ Builder 3.01 and have some questions which
bother me.
I have a Boolean field in a table. When I view the table in the Database
Explorer the field is exposed as Char2, though behaves as boolean. Database
Explorer also reveals table's creation date as "????", and time as
"0.00.00". Can anybodi tell me if I sould to seek for errors or it can be
ignored?
The system configuration is as following:
Client: Windows 95 OSR2
Borland C++ Builder 3.01 Professional with BDE 4.5.
ODBC driver ver. 6.30.0249
Server: Linux Slackware 96 (kernel has been upgraded to 2.0.35).
PostgreSQL 6.3.2
And another question: where in the Internet can I get info about SQL in
addiion to the docs in C++ Builder 3.01 Professional, PostgreSQL 6.3.2, and
those available at http://www.insightdist.com (sort of SQL reference)?

Thank you, Mikhail.