Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?

From: "Larry Rosenman" <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: "'Darcy Buskermolen'" <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Larry Rosenman" <lrosenman(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?
Date: 2006-03-28 22:37:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 14:07, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>> Greetings,
>> After helping a user on irc, I was wondering if there would be
>> any objection to my making a patch that would:
>>
>> 1) expose DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq call
>> 2) add this information to the psql --version output (or some other
>> switch, I'm agnostic).
>>
>> for those weird times when some distro changes it, and you then
>> overwrite parts of it, it would be useful for diagnostics.
>
> is it not shown by, (if it's not default of /tmp) ?
> pg_config --configure

see my reply to Tom, that I just posted. This is for diagnostic use, when
there are partial overwrites, and/or pathing issues that are causing a
particular
libpq/psql combination to not necessarily agree on what's where.

I want to expose exactly what libpq is using.

LER

--
Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 512-248-2683 E-Mail: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org