faster inserting from dump?

From: "chris markiewicz" <cmarkiew(at)commnav(dot)com>
To: "Postgres \(E-mail\)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: faster inserting from dump?
Date: 2001-04-05 13:46:57
Lists: pgsql-general

hello.

how can i increase the speed of building a database from a dump? there are
currently many tens-of-thousands of insert statements...i assume that a
commit is run after each statement? i am guessing that it would be faster
if i commit after every hundred or thousand? is there an easy way to tell
psql to do this?

please respond directly to me if it is not inconvenient.

thanks
chris