replacing within cells

From: Mark Nelson <MCN(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: PGSQL-NOVICE(at)POSTGRESQL(dot)ORG
Subject: replacing within cells
Date: 2001-08-15 14:52:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sorry,

I should have been more clear. I am replacing occurances of text
within other text (like paragraphs). So if the cell contains:
"Every morning, Mr. Jones smells his tulips" and another cell
contains something else Mr. Jones does, and I want to make all
instances of Mr. Jones turn to Mr. Johnson, how do I do that? Do
I have to extract the whole cell and then search on it and put it
back?

Thanks for your help!
/mark