Re: BUG #8291: postgres_fdw does not re-read USER MAPING after change.

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: lalbin(at)fhcrc(dot)org, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #8291: postgres_fdw does not re-read USER MAPING after change.
Date: 2013-07-10 22:33:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

--On 9. Juli 2013 22:05:20 +0000 lalbin(at)fhcrc(dot)org wrote:

> I have found that if you change the password in the USER MAPPING, that
> postgres_fdw will not use it unless the current password fails or you
> close and re-open your postgres connection. I found this while testing to
> see if the USER MAPPING's supports MD5 passwords and they appeared to
> until the next day when I found that they no longer worked because I had
> closed and re-opened my connection.

Hmm i don't think that's a bug. It's because the postgres_fdw caches the
connection within your local session, reusing it for any subsequent foreign
table access.

> The second error that I found is in the documentation of ALTER USER
> MAPPING. It incorrectly says how to update a users password.

It could be misread, i agree. Attached is a small doc patch to address this
against HEAD.

--
Thanks

Bernd

Attachment Content-Type Size
user_mapping_doc.patch application/octet-stream 1.0 KB