RE: RE: Question

From: Michael Davis <mdavis(at)sevainc(dot)com>
To: "'DI Hasenohrl'" <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: RE: Question
Date: 2001-07-04 15:21:55
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I wrote triggers in PostgreSQL to update a new table that I created to
indicate when a local table has changed (insert/update/delete). This new
table contains a row for each local table and the date/time this table was
last updated. I also stored this table locally in Access. I then wrote a
procedure in Access97 that would compare the local and server copy of this
table and look for any table that changed. For each changed table, the
Access procedure would link to the server table and copy the data from the
server table to the local table. I then called this Access procedure every
time a user opened up the Access application and whenever a user opened any
significant form. You could do it for all forms, but I had many forms in
my application so I chose to implement this only in the most important
ones. This was not necessarily easy to do but it worked great.