RE: [SQL] Trouble with insert into.

From: Mathew White <guru(at)fundgroup(dot)com>
To: "'dgreer(at)websightsolutions(dot)com'" <dgreer(at)websightsolutions(dot)com>, "pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [SQL] Trouble with insert into.
Date: 1999-06-18 14:24:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi. I'm new to mailing lists, so let me know if I don't post
properly.

Here is an SQL statement that I found that works for what you are
doing (your own SQL statement was very close). Note the text
conversion for the zip field.

insert into tableB
select l.username, '4-15-1999', l.zip::text
from tableA l
where not exists (
select ld.username
from tableB ld