RE: RE: [INTERFACES] Using psqlodb.dll with a 16-bits application

From: Alexander Elsenaar <a(dot)elsenaar(at)viewpoint(dot)nl>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: RE: [INTERFACES] Using psqlodb.dll with a 16-bits application
Date: 1998-07-07 11:15:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Olaf Mittelstaedt [SMTP:MSTAEDT(at)va-sigi(dot)va(dot)fh-ulm(dot)de]
Verzonden: dinsdag 7 juli 1998 13:05
Aan: Alexander Elsenaar

> I have got an 16 bits application with I want to use with PostgreSQL via ODBC. On the PSQLODBC-site I found
> that this i possible if the application is running on Windows95. This is the case.
>
> Can anyone tell my how I can configure the 16-bits ODBC-Manager for use with PSQLODBC?

You can't use the 16Bit ODBC manager to create/configure 32Bit ODBC
data sources. And you don't need it because you can use any data
source created with the 32Bit ODBC manager ODBCAD32.EXE in your 16Bit
applications!

[Alexander Elsenaar] Thanks voor your reaction but my problem is bigger. The application I am talking about is calling directly the 16 -bits ODBC-manager (ODBCINST.DLL, found this out using Wine!). It is not a regular application but a development environment. (Clarion for Windows 2.003) and I am trying to import a table definition. Any other sugestion?