RE: requested Logfile - Access97

From: Tim Bosinius <tim(at)bosinius(dot)de>
To: "'David Hartwig'" <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: requested Logfile - Access97
Date: 1998-06-03 20:29:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

>You must have specified a multi-part key. If you cut this query out and run
>it in the psql monitor you will see that it is a problem in the backend
>server. We are currenly discussing how to resolve the problem. Hopefully it
>will be resolved in the next release.

I followed the issue on the mailing list. I believe that the backend should handle it.
So - Method 3 in your mail to Hannu Krosing ;)

> In the mean time. There is something
>you can do for queries. Turn off "Recognize Unique Indexes", and relink the
>tables in Access. When you relink do NOT select a primary key. This will
>greatly speed your queries, but the table will be read only.

Ok - this works pretty good. I created two ODBC entries for the same database/table
one for my VB program the other for Access97(I need this for Winword documents)
Byron said that version 244 will fix the MS Query problem. which is even better
than using Access.
(Maybe that also helps Jose' Soares Da Silva problem?! - see mailinglist)

Regards,

Tim Bosinius