returning a setof tuples like a subquery was(RE: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0 )

From: Tzahi Fadida <tzahi_ml(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: returning a setof tuples like a subquery was(RE: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0 )
Date: 2005-01-07 22:56:52
Lists: pgsql-general

yes you were right it works now.
10x, sorry for the rookie mistake I jumped the gun on the last one.
If you will i have another question on the same subject.
I want to return a setof tuples without a predetermined return type
like a subquery with a join, I don't want to specify a type.
for example, new_join_alg_func(table1,table2).
when I use SETOF RECORD I have to specify a type, same goes
for anyelement.

Regards,
tzahi.