Re: Dump schema without the functions

From: "Adam Rich" <adam(dot)r(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: "'Stefan Schwarzer'" <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)grid(dot)unep(dot)ch>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dump schema without the functions
Date: 2008-02-01 07:08:16
Lists: pgsql-general

> how can I dump a schema with all tables, but without the functions? Is
> there a way to do it, or do I have to manually drop the functions
> later when having used the pg_restore?

Stef,
You can edit the data between dump and restore, to comment out the
function references. Or, you can use the "-L" argument with pg_restore
to provide a list of the specific items you want to restore.

For example:

pg_dump -Fc mydb > db.dump
pg_restore -l db.dump | grep -v FUNCTION > db.nofunc.dump
pg_restore -d newdb db.nofunc.dump

(assuming the word "FUNCTION" doesn't appear elsewhere in your schema
object names. If it does, you might try appending the schema, such as
grep -v "FUNCTION public")

Adam