Slightly off topic - Hardware Question

From: "Chris Ruprecht" <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Slightly off topic - Hardware Question
Date: 2001-10-05 14:09:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi guys,

I want to move my current PostGreSQL system from my Intel/RedHat box to an AlphaServer 4100. The machine currently runs OSF-1, as far as I know but I want to install RedHat Linux 7.1 on it. Does anybody know if the machine, it's an older model, will actually run Linux at all? The alternative would be True64UNIX, but I would have to get an older version here, too, as the current version will not run (according to the Compaq Web site).

Best regards,
Chris