Pg & Tcl - is it dying out?

From: "Carlo Stonebanks" <carlo(at)stonebanks(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pg & Tcl - is it dying out?
Date: 2013-01-30 22:45:06
Lists: pgsql-general

As our production system are being upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit we are
finding that our Tcl apps which use the PgTcl client libraries are now
failing (couldn't load library "libpgtcl.dll": invalid argument). We have
tried downloading the latest binaries (which are 32 bit) but the problems
persist. There is little activity on the sourceforge page for the lib. There
is little activity on the related forums and I am not optimistic about being
able to get timely responses from the developers.

Are we seeing the demise of PG & Tcl? Should I advise my client to NOT
upgrade any systems running Tcl apps and stick with legacy OS's?

Carlo