Re: pg_ctl stop returns error

From: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Murakami" <exit(at)zaa(dot)att(dot)ne(dot)jp>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_ctl stop returns error
Date: 2001-04-02 09:16:52
Lists: pgsql-general

From: "Murakami" <exit(at)zaa(dot)att(dot)ne(dot)jp>

> Inoue san , Mr.Lane thanks for your quick reply.
>
> I checked manual already.
> My DB is just for a test and I don't see any clients working...
> Or maybe some clients are working but I can't find them.

You've not been accessing PG via apache with persistent connections have
you? That'll tend to keep backends running even when not in use. Restart
apache and see if they go away.

> I see 7 postmaster process is running at my PC now.
> Does it mean that I have 7 DB host process running?

Yep - and you should be able to see the user accessing them too.

> I started DB with "postmaster -S -i ". So it means that I started DB with
smart mode, right?

According to "man postmaster" -S = silent (discard logging)

HTH

- Richard Huxton