Re: Performance decrease

From: "Radovan Antloga" <radovan(dot)antloga(at)siol(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance decrease
Date: 2006-04-20 16:10:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

>190 fields in a table seems like rather a lot ... is that actually
>representative of your intended applications?

Test table is like table I use in production
with Firebird and Oracle db. Table has a lot of smallint
and integer fields. As you can see I have Firebird for
low cost projects (small companies) and Oracle medium
or large project.

>Again, is that representative of something you'll be doing a lot in
>practice? Most apps don't often update every row of a table, in my
>experience.

I agree with you !
I have once or twice a month update on many records (~6000) but
not so many. I did not expect PG would have problems with
updating 15800 records.

My test was on Windows XP SP2.
I have AMD 64 2.1 GHz cpu with
1GB ram.