Re: [SQL] storing strings with embedded '\'

From: "Frank Morton" <fmorton(at)base2inc(dot)com>
To: "Joel Fischer" <joelf(at)min(dot)ascend(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] storing strings with embedded '\'
Date: 1999-01-11 22:13:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

This is a real pain. What I do is have a "cleanString" method that
I pass everything through when constructing SQL statements
that changes all '\' to '\\' and all seems to work just fine.

Also note that pg_dump has a bug in this area that I am unable
to get attention from anyone. In my setting, if I pass "\net" in
the actual SQL it turns into "\\net" but when read as part of a select,
it is "\net" as expected. However, pg_dump does not double-up
the backslash, so it is unusable to psql.

Anyone listening?