How to install ?

From: "Kapil Tilwani" <karan_pg_2(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to install ?
Date: 2001-05-26 15:23:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am new to Postgres but very comfortable with MS-Access and MS-SQL... I had previously also put up a mail onto the mailing list regarding installation... I have been trying to get comfortable with PostgreSQL since quite some time now... However, always failed... I have read the whole of the documentation but so far as the installation on Windows is concerned... I am a big ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO....

Anyone can help with step-wise installation along with best configuration settings on a standard P III - 700 with 128 MB RAM? Please dont just ask me to "just download Cygwin" and continue... I tried that too but dont know what to do after that?

Secondly, I tried the "make..... " technique that is given in the PostgreSQL manual, which uses Visual C++ while compiling... Is it possible to have some kind of an already prepared .exe which I can download..... All help is greatly appreciated and REQUIRED, because I am just trying to establish myself as a little bit "different" in India, where people are using Access, MS-SQL or Oracle.

Thanx,
Kapil