From: "Sergei Chernev" <ser(at)nsu(dot)ru>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Loading JDBC - driver
Date: 1999-02-15 08:45:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I wonder, if there is a way to load JDBC- driver from network.
I know the method to connect using jdbc6.4.jar on local disk
and editing CLASSPATH, but it seems to me inconvenient to
ask user to download driver and edit environment.

Does it possible to use construction like that:
Class.forName("http://somewhere.com/postgresql.Driver/jdbc6.4.jar/postgresql
.Driver").newInstance(); ?
Excuse me if it is FAQ, but I didn't find anything of the kind in mailing
list.

Thank you,
Sergei Chernev
Internet: ser(at)nsu(dot)ru