Re: vacuum and 24/7 uptime

From: Mark <mark(at)ldssingles(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: vacuum and 24/7 uptime
Date: 2001-07-11 21:55:46
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

We increased shared memory in the linux kernel, which decreased the vacuumdb
time from 40 minutes to 14 minutes on a 450 mhz processor. We calculate that
on our dual 1ghz box with ghz ethernet san connection this will go down to
under 5 minutes. This is acceptable to us. Sorry about the unnecessary post.