Bug list?

From: Micah Yoder <yodermk(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug list?
Date: 2001-06-24 04:57:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I [think I] found a bug, and tried to send a report to pgsql-bugs and it
never showed up there.

The *very brief* version:

I have a hierarchy of tables using Postgres's inheritance feature. In the
root table I have a serial type which is a primary key. Another table (not
in the hierarchy) has a foreign key to the primary key of the top table in
the hierarchy.

When I insert a record with a foreign key that references an object in a
descendent table, I get a referential integrity error. But when it
references an item that is simply a member of the top class, no problem - the
foreign key works then.

If I select * from the top class, both records show up, along with their id
primary key. So why can't a foreign key refer to the one that is a member of
a subclass?

I'm using 7.1.2

Thanks,
Micah

--
Like to travel? http://TravTalk.org
Micah Yoder Internet Development http://yoderdev.com

  • Re: Bug list? at 2001-06-25 15:27:41 from Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos