Parse error creating tables

From: Juan Jose Natera Abreu <jnatera(at)net-uno(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Parse error creating tables
Date: 2001-06-18 18:23:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello all,

I Just installed PostGreSQL 7.1.2, and i created a database, but i am
not able to create the tables i need to,

Here are 2 of the tables i am trying to create:

CREATE TABLE Distribucion (
Id serial PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
Nombre varchar(15)
);

CREATE TABLE Perfil_Aplicacion (
Id serial PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
Nombre varchar(20),
Abreviatura char(4),
Descripcion varchar(50),
Distribucion integer,
Enviar_Correo boolean,
Enviar_Page boolean,
Enviar_Popup boolean,
Numero_Aprobadores integer,
Numero_Acciones integer,
Cierre_Automatico boolean,
Caduca integer,
FOREIGN KEY Distribucion REFERENCES Distribucion(Id)
);

I always get parsing errors like:

psql:/home/juanjose/proyectos/TroubleTickets/TablasTT.sql:39: ERROR:
parser: parse error at or near "distribucion"

Since i couldnt create them by hand, I tryed using pgaccess 0.98.7

but if i try to add a constraint i get the same error and the table is
not created, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Juan Jose
--
fortune generated signature:
"I am not an Economist. I am an honest man!" -- Paul McCracken