Re: BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed error

From: "Brock Peabody" <brock(dot)peabody(at)npcinternational(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed error
Date: 2006-04-05 16:06:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On Behalf Of Tom Lane

> Perhaps you could whittle down your app into a testbed that just sends
> dummy data with about the same timing as the real app?

I think I'm starting to get a better understanding of problem. It looks
like one of the threads is trying to insert a pathological (~1,800,000)
number of records in one transaction in a table while the other threads
are also reading from and writing to that table. I'll try to get
something simple to reproduce this behavior.