Re: logs file

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: "benoit(dot)le-dizes(at)voila(dot)fr" <benoit(dot)le-dizes(at)voila(dot)fr>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logs file
Date: 2001-05-11 16:32:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tuesday 08 May 2001 12:23, benoit(dot)le-dizes(at)voila(dot)fr wrote:
> I have installed postgresql 7.x on red hat 7.0 and I have created a
> database and users. I would like now to see in a log file history of
> operations on the database, different connexions of users to the
> database...

> Can you give me the steps please ?
> I have read that Syslog can be needed but I can't arrive to configure it

How did you install -- from source, or from RPM?

If from source, you need to make sure that --enable-syslog was present on the
configure command line for 7.0.3 and later (7.0.2 and earlier required a
config.h patch after configure).

The RPM is built with syslog support enabled -- you just need a line in
/etc/syslog.conf to receive the information. 7.0.x and 7.1.x use a different
means of configuring syslog, so you need to tell us which one you are using.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio