Re: php, postgres, ssl

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: php, postgres, ssl
Date: 2001-03-22 14:53:57
Lists: pgsql-php

El Jue 22 Mar 2001 10:45, escribiste:
> The argument then would probably be, "why is your web app connecting to a
> database across the public Internet"?
>
> I'd assume that is not the safest, nor smartest, thing to do. There are a
> lot of problems with that setup.

That is soething that we are trying to change, but it is very difficult. Try
to convince the politicians on the university that we need a public and
private net with firewalls is a hard thing.
Some people (not my boss) think that if you get cracked, you don't have to
worry, because it's worst.
With that kind of thinking, I can't do much.

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told me I had to do it.