Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.
Date: 2001-03-20 23:34:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
> Since no other backend should be trying to touch this temp table,
> there's something pretty fishy here.

I see.

> Given that this is a parallel test, you may be looking at a
> low-probability timing-dependent failure. I'd say set up the machine
> and run repeat tests for an hour or three ... that's what I plan to do
> here.

As a broadcast engineer, I'm a little too familiar with such things. But this
isn't an engineer list, so I'll spare you the war stories. :-)

> BTW, what postmaster parameters are you using --- -B and so forth?

Default. To be changed before RPM release, but currently it is the default.
The only option that postmaster.opts records is -D, and I'm not passing
anything else.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio