Re: Postgres/Postmaster logging and log rotation

From: root <root(at)dennis(dot)veritime(dot)com>
To: William L James <BJames(at)inetmi(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres/Postmaster logging and log rotation
Date: 2001-03-07 15:37:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Be sure to stop postgres, rotate your log (or move it out of the /var/log
directory and then rotate it), and restart postgresql. That will solve your
problem. Hopefully you don't need a 24x7 available database as this might take
a few seconds for your server to complete.

--
Thanks,

Rodney Hampton
veritime.com