Re: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables

From: "Duncan Kinder" <dckinder(at)mountain(dot)net>
To: "Michael R(dot) Anderson" <mike(at)ferrar(dot)wvsc(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables
Date: 1999-08-13 18:39:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I uninstalled and reinstalled the packages.

I got the following response to my command "createdb mydb" (from my
account "dckinder"):

"Connection to database 'template1' failed.
conectDB() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting connections on Unix
socket '5432'?"

This is a single Redhat box. I am not connecting it over a network. I have
access to root.

Regards,

Duncan C. Kinder
dckinder(at)mountain(dot)net