Re: fsync and semctl errors with 8.1.5/win32

From: "Thomas H(dot)" <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
To: "Jeremy Haile" <jhaile(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fsync and semctl errors with 8.1.5/win32
Date: 2006-11-28 21:31:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs
>I forgot to mention - this problem is occurring on multiple Windows
> machines.  One of them is running Windows XP Professional.  The other is
> running Windows Server 2003.  I have disabled indexing, virus scanning,
> and all non-essential services on both of them.  The problem continues
> to show up even when no queries are being run (although it might always
> start while queries are running)

seems exactly what i'm noticing since 8.2x on windows 2003 as well - no disk
services (backup, virus, ...) are running that would block files, and
processmon/filemon always show that the files in question are locked by
pgsql processes...

under higher insert/update load, the errors appear more often here, do you
experience the same finding when loading bulk data?

- thomas