Invalid Characters

From: "Raman" <ramang(at)smartdatainc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Invalid Characters
Date: 2004-03-15 10:37:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi All,

I have imported some data from csv files in my DB. Now that data has some invalid characters stored in it.
so I get this exception:

Exception in ChannelDAO Invalid character data was found. This is most likely caused by stored data containing characters that are invalid for the character set
the database was created in. The most common example of this is storing 8bit data in a SQL_ASCII database.

Now, I tried using to_ascii() fn in my select query but it didn't work. Cn you please suggest any solution so that invalid characters should not come to my webpage while displaying.

Regards
Raman Garg