Re: Help with timeouts

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help with timeouts
Date: 2001-10-05 15:59:36
Lists: pgsql-php

I think the assumption is incorrect. Is the browser reporting the timeout,
or is the webserver telling the browser it timed out?

As an example of a difference, IE will display a local page saying the
connection timed out, whereas if the page is actually displayed by the
wbserver, it is the server that finally killed the connection.

Again, as I said before, look at your php.ini file

specifically this parameter:

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in
seconds

If a script takes longer than that number, it will kill it. This is to
prevent infinite loops. Up this number and you should be ok.

I've had browsers that have sat for well over a minute on a stalled page.

Again, breast cancer research for both donations.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com