Re: row count with libpq driver

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <sloach(at)sandvine(dot)com>, <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: row count with libpq driver
Date: 2005-09-16 19:31:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: "Scot Loach"<sloach(at)sandvine(dot)com>
Sent: 16/09/05 18:11:51
To: "Dave Page"<dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [ODBC] row count with libpq driver

> I'm not sure how I'd investigate such an issue.

No, nor I. Perhaps something else needs to be done before returning from pgapi_rowcount?

> And I'm also swamped :)

:-(. I believe Anoop is as well, so if anyone else wants to try a mini project...

> I don't even know what ADO is so I doubt if I'd be much help.

Microsoft's ActiveX Data Objects - their most popular and recommended non-dotNET data access libraries. If they break, we will certainly get lots of bug reports :-(. My app is pretty basic as well, so it's unlikely to be an edge case. Oh, and fwiw, it's worked with psqlODBC back to v6.something, so it's not simply that it gets confused now it sees a rowcount from a select 'cos it always used to :-)

/D

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
I'm not sure how I'd investigate such an issue.
And I'm also swamped :)
I don't even know what ADO is so I doubt if I'd be much help.

scot.