Re: Performance vs Schemas

From: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Igor Maciel Macaubas" <igor(at)providerst(dot)com(dot)br>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance vs Schemas
Date: 2004-10-15 01:41:35
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Igor,

I expect that when you moved your tables to different schemas that you
effectively did a physical re-organization (ie unload/reload of the tables).
It's nothing to do with the use of schemas as such. If you had reloaded your
tables into the same system schema you would have experienced the same
speedup as the data tables would be more compact.

regards
Iain