Re: Access to transaction status

From: "Christian Plattner" <postgresql(at)sioux(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access to transaction status
Date: 2003-06-20 07:52:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>

> How much later? clog is not kept forever.

Due to my setup, I could assure, that for the XID I ask for always

(ShmemVariableCache->nextXid - XID) < C (and C is in my case something
around 150).

holds. A possible solution could be to (dynamically) announce this constant
C to the clog code,
so that the information is kept for a while. Ofcourse one should not do a
VACUUM FULL while not being sure about the status of a transaction in the
past :)

Until now, I did not investigate what happens when
ShmemVariableCache->nextXid wraps around.

- Christian